Latest Blog Posts - Starry Sky Ranch
- appleson Aug 27, 2014 in EnglandEverything is coming in a fortnight early this year, says the farmer. Caught me a bit by surprise this year.
- of knights and fair maidens
- paying attentionon Aug 23, 2014 in Big Thoughts"People will say it’s sad that she leaves a lesser scar, that fewer remember her, that she was loved deeply but not widely. But it’s not sad... It’s triumphant. It’s heroic. Isn’t that the real heroism? The real heroes anyway...
- of rhubarb and small hands
- making room for school
- home "makers"on Aug 17, 2014Both of us doing the same work in different ways this weekend. Building bit by bit we are. Me, pausing from my window. This one, pausing from the roof.
- late summer airing
- a protected childhood
- saucyon Aug 13, 2014We hit the jackpot with this creamy dill sauce. Dutifully I have been buying fish and trying to like it but Friday was the real thing. It was really, really good. We had houseguests and the oven was full so...