Posted on June 05, 2012 04:23 AM
• Do you wish to sell your website and earn a handsome profit for it?
• Are you planning to allow advertising on your website to earn some extra revenue?
• Do you want to check how good your SEO efforts are?
• Do you want to know the popularity of your website among the online community?
If you want to have answers about any of the above mentioned questions, then just use Alexa rankings to get the most accurate answer. These rankings are used to measure the popularity of a website among internet users. Alexa rankings evaluate an entire website as compared to Google’s Pagerank which evaluates only webpages. Some people are highly critical of these rankings and do not consider them as fair, still most of the people use them frequently to verify the popularity of different websites.
These rankings are calculated on the basis of data provided by internet users having Alexa toolbar installed with their web browsers. At the last count, there were over 10 million users who were using this toolbar. The internet users prefer using Alexa toolbar because of its advantages which includes a popup blocker and a search engine entry field. The popup blocker feature was first introduced by Alexa before the other web browsers. Similarly, the search engine entry box is linked to Amazon and Alexa and gives information about specific websites that the user wants to access.
The user data which is used to calculate the websites rankings is calculated by collecting data about percentage of users accessing a site and he number of webpages opened by a user in a single day. The website with the most users gets the top ranking, followed by the other websites. The most common criticism of Alexa toolbar is that it intrudes the privacy of its users and gives data about the websites used by them. Also, many people question the method of calculating data. A major drawback of Alexa toolbar is that it does not work on AOL/Netscape browsers.
There is a common misconception that the Alexa toolbar exists only for the Internet Explorer. But the fact of the matter is that Alexa toolbar also exists for other popular internet web browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, Netscape browsers and other users who use Windows, Macintosh and Linux. In recent times, many other companies such as Compete.com and Quantcast emerged as competitors to Alexa, but Alexa rankings are still considered to be the best. Hence, if you want to impress your clients with the traffic of your website, then start paying attention to its Alexa rankings.
More information at: http://www.made-from-india.com/article/Alexa-Rankings-An-Introduction-1047.html
Posted on May 30, 2012 08:24 AM
Basically Alexa ranking is the way to judge the popularity of the website. Here you will come to know about the traffic your website. You will come to the conclusion about the page ranking and your actual existence on the internet.
Now the next question that comes to mind is how to improve the rank to be more popular on the web? You have several ways to improve the Alexa ranking with fewer efforts. Some are mentioned below:
• You can install Alexa toolbar on your web browser either on internet explorer or Mozilla. If you are using Mozilla then you need to add some plug-in to make it more efficient. This will help you to know about the ranking and your website keyword density. If you know the actual position of your website then you can put more efforts to improve it.
• You can provide the toolbar download link on your website. So that people who visit your page get encouraged to use the toolbar and know what is your real positioning on Internet.
• The most and efficient way is to write about Alexa. Visit the regular blog; write articles and other useful information to attract more people to read your posts. This will be the signature method to improve your ranking.
• There are several forums available on the internet about Alexa and its tool. So you can put your URL in the signature blog. If someone is interested to know more might hit the link of your blog.
• Regularly make the updates on the website and read the articles which are written and try different queries, which will increase the page view count.
These ways will help you to achieve the top Alexa ranking. If your ranking is good, then you will get more web traffic of potential customers. You will get more and more customers who demand product and services which you are selling.
More information at: http://www.made-from-india.com/article/Can-Alexa-ranking-be-improved-easily-1045.html