Showing posts about "change"
Original Source: How To Change Apple ID on iPhone
Having an iPhone or iPod and not having apps like iTunes just don’t go together. You use your Apple ID to access such apps to make full use of your device and why shouldn’t you?
You can browse through a multiple of exciting apps on the App Store: more than 108 of these listed in 14 different categories.
Unfortunately at times you find out that the app you really wanted, whether you are buying it or it’s free, is only available in some other country. What would you do if you really wanted that app? You would create a US iTunes account for US-only apps and this article will teach you how.
You will find it helpful for altering your existing ID or to switch over to some other ID.
Steps for your Device
Firstly, you must authenticate the account that is presently in use by you for accessing the apps. In your iPod or iPhone , go to iTunes or App Store and reach the lower part of the page. In App Store, if the app product page is open then return to the main screen or you can hit the Categories or Top 25. It will show you the three Top categories for apps: Top Paid, Top Free and Top Grossing. Reach down again. You must have had to make an Apple ID if you ever bought an app or got a free app.
At the AppStore or iTunes, you will see your ID at the bottom of the page.
After you have confirmed what ID is in use, go to Home and start Settings .In settings go down and tap on Store.
Out of the two options you see, Apple ID and Sign Out, if you select Apple ID you will see your settings for payment details like billing address, phone number etc. for this account that you are using. It will also show you the country whose iTunes Store you are buying from and you can change the country/region by following the instructions on your screen and agreeing to the terms and conditions. You might have to alter your billing details.
Tap your existing Apple ID and you can change your ID email when it gives you your email, password etc.
If you want to sign in with another Apple Id that you have, just go back and Sign Out. Now you can sign back in with the other ID.
Otherwise, you will be automatically asked to Sign In when you buy apps or iTunes next time after you have signed out.
Steps for iTunes on Desktop
If luckily, you are operating from your desktop or laptop where you have the luxury of a keyboard then you can easily change your Apple ID and associated billing information by opening iTunes and going to Store and click View My Account. It will ask you for your email.
It will ask you for your password for confirmation. Once through, it will give you all your Apple ID details that you can then change.
If you don’t have the access to your computer then you can go to appleid.apple.com to handle or modify your information.
Let me know in the comments if you found this article of any help!
Original Source: How To Change Gmail Password
You might want to keep changing your email account passwords seeing to what extent hacking has reached in present times. Changing a Gmail password is a simple few steps long task.
1) Go to the Gmail page and log into your account.
2) In the top right corner you will see a gear like button. That is for the Settings. Click this button and open Settings.
3) Find the Accounts and Imports tab and click the Change Password option. This should pop up a new window or browser tab.
4) Here you can do either of the two things: type in your current password followed by your new password or answer the security question you set up when you first made your account.
5) Type in the password you want to keep. It would be beneficial if you pick a combination ranked strong by Gmail. Once you have typed it in, hit ‘Save’ and your new password is set.
You can also use your second email account (if you have one) to keep a password back up for Gmail account. This is a convenient feature since you can get your password sent to this second account just in case you forget your password.
Original Source: How To Change Yahoo Password
The email service, Yahoo! Mail, offers you free access to an email account that you can also use to accede to your Yahoo Messenger via the same Mail boundary. This article contains the information that will assist you in changing your password linked with the particular Yahoo! ID. These steps are relatively simple:
1) Sign-in to your Mail account when you Go to the Yahoo! Sign-in page. It will ask for your Yahoo! ID and password.
Otherwise, you can also use your Google or Facebook account to sign-in to Yahoo! Mail.
2) Within the Yahoo! Mail window, look for “Hi (Account Name)” tab on the top left of the window. Click it first. You will see a drop down window. Click ‘Account Info’.
3) After you have entered your password, continue by clicking the “Sign In” button.
4) You will see a section labeled “Sign-In and Security”, from there click “Change your password”.
5) It will ask for your existing password first to verify the user. Subsequently, you will enter your new password that should be six or more characters. To confirm, you will re-enter your new password.
6) To set your new password, click “Save”.
7) A verification message will appear confirming that you successfully changed your password. From then on you can use this password to sign into your account.
- The password should be strengthened by incorporating both the Uppercase and Lowercase letters along with numbers and special characters.
- Your Account Info page also gives you the option to set secret questions and tools to reset passwords in the same section from where you started, “Sign-In and Security”
- When you set a new password, it is also automatically changed for other Yahoo! Services that you obtain using the same Yahoo! ID.
Step 2: After step 1 navigate to the following registry location as showed in the image
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE> SOFTWARE> Microsoft> Windows> CurrentVersion> Authentication> LogonUI> Background
Step 3: You will see here OEMBackground and a value Named "DWORD". If you are not able to see this value then right-click in the right pane, point to the New submenu and create a new DWORD value with this name. Set the value to 1 by double clicking on OEMBackground.
Note: I want to tell that if you change your desktop theme from Appearance and Personalization then the registry value will be automatically set to "0", because it's default value. If you change your theme then you have to set agin your registry value to 1.
Changing the setting in group policy will allow it to persist even when you change your theme, but the Group Policy Editor is only available in Professional editions of Windows.
If you change settings in group policy then it will allow it to persist even you change your Windows 7 theme, But bad is that group policy editor is only available in Windows 7 Professional Edition.
If you have access to change or amend your Group Policy Editor than Follow the below instructions. Click on start menu and type in search bar gpedit.msc and click on gpedit.msc in the search results.
Now navigate to the following location:
Computer Configuration> Administrative Templates> System> Logon
Now you will see this Always use custom login background, Click it and open it up and Enable it as showed in image.
Step 4: Now Navigate to this location:
C:Windows> System32> oobe> info> backgrounds
I know no Info folder exist in oobe and you have to create a folder named info in oobe, to do it simply right click inside the folder, pointing to New, and selecting New Folder.
Step 5: Now copy your desired picture to Background folder in Info Folder, but remember that the picture's size can't be more than 256 kb. The name of image must be backgroundDefault.jpg.
Now your Logon screen background has been changed successfully and no system restart is required to apply these changes. Now log out from your account and you will see your desired background on logon.