Showing posts about "make"
Original Source: http://techmell.com/games/how-to-make-a-minecraft-server
No matter how addicted you are to Minecraft, playing it with your friends all in the same game takes your experience to whole newlevel. Run your server and you are all set to have the ultimate fun with your own set of rules!
It’s time to step up from single player to Multiplayer. minecraftservers.net lets you select from various servers that you can join to but the drawback is, you cannot play by your own rules instead you are down to following their regulations. However, having your own server means you and your friends are free to play together u under the set of rules you made. It’s pretty easy to get.
Download and First Run
Go to the Minecraft Download page and navigate downwards to the “Multiplayer beta server software” part. For Windows users, download the .exe file and after it downloads run the file. Whereas, OS X and Linux users can install the .jar file. To run the server, enter the command in Terminal:
java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar minecraft_server.jar nogui
You might wish to allocate more (or less) RAM for the server. For this you can vary the 1024M to another number, like 2048M: The first being the maximum number it can take, and the second amount is the least. You must have some additional gig of the RAM spared for Minecraft as everything is in Java. Chaos might break up in your game when a lot of people are playing and you doing wild things like blowing stuff up!
Once you reach the server window, you will see the related information around. On the left, memory and processor thread will appear so you can keep an eye. The number of players connected is given in the lower left whereas on the right side, you will see the chat window that allows you to communicate with the players connected. Some errors might poop up when you run the server which is absolutely fine. No need to go into a panicked state.
Your server won’t get the arrangement files it requires to run; in such cases it’ll create them. In your server’s folder, you will see files being created as they keep appearing in it.
Files like your map area produced, files containing server properties, ops list and other related files will be found in the “world” folder.
For the nest step you need to stop the server. As the world has completed generating, you’ll be given the help file notice. You should, at this point, type “stop” if you are in Terminal. Otherwise just close the server. Tweaking won’t be possible in a running server.
Tweaking the Server’s Properties
Open the file named server.properties into notepad. This will open up:
Some options will be given:
- Level-name: Here you will find the name of the Minecraft world you created. Altering this name will make the server to find a folder that has same name otherwise; it will produce a new level and a folder having this name.
- Spawn-monsters: Setting it to false won’t let monsters like zombies, skeletons, and creepers will to be generated and regenerated. In games where the aim is not to survive, this feature is turned off off for “op” or “creative” servers so only building can be focused.
- Spawn-animals: This one too if put to false, animals like wolves, cows, sheep, and chickens will also not generate.
- Pvp: This controls whether the player can harm each other or not. Turning it to false will stop them from doing do. However, if they push each other off the ledges they might be able to do some harm.
- White-list: This controls who can connect and play. If its set to true, the usernames in the white-list.txt file can only play.
When you’re finished doing the things you want in these options, you will save the file.
Open the “ops.txt” file and add your Minecraft username to become the admin on your server so as to operate it on your own. Being the operator, you can make any item, or do anything like banning players, or altering the in-game time.
To allow people to connect to your server you will have to enable port forwarding for your router. As default the port is 25565, this may be changed using the server.properties file. The clients will need your IP address (or DNS alias/redirect) and the port number to connect to your server.
Once ready, restart the server.
Playing On a Server
Once Minecraft is launched it gives you the choice to connect to any multiplayer server. Clicking this option allows you to enter the server address.
If the server is run on the same computer you wish to play Minecraft on the just type “localhost” (without quotes) as the server address. If not then enter the server name or IP address for the server you wish to play on. To join the game, click “Connect”.
Press T to launch the chat window.
Here you can see the user’s public messages, the system information and any and all commands you may have executed. There will be a prompt like this (>) in the lower left section, typing messages here and pressing enter will send them to all players via group chat. By starting your prompt with a forward slash (/) you may also enter server commands here.
As an example, typing “/list” will generate a list of all players playing on the server. Other options include giving items to others and yourself, banning or pardoning users and changing the time. To get more info on a specific command, type in “/help”. If you wish to see all the commands then go to the Minecraft Wiki’s Server Commands page.
Now find more people to join Minecraft! Nothing beats constructing huge structures, traversing the vast landscape, and mining into mountains, more than doing it with 8 of the people of your choice.
Original Source: How To Start a Blog
What is a Blog?
Today i am going to tel you all about blog and blogging. In this tutorial you will come to know about making a blog and also about advantages of creating a blog. A blog is just like a website and you can create it easily, You can share anything on your blog that can create interest of people and useful for visitors. Visitors will hate content that is not according to it's title and will not visit again your blog, so make sure that your content is useful and original.
Advantages of a Blog
Main purpose of a blog is to generate visitors and ultimately earn from your blog. I know that many people don't know about how to earn from a blog, i will write an article in future on this topic but in short now i would like to quote an example of Google Adsense. Google Adsense provides advertisement for publishers to paste ads on their blogs and when visitors clicks on it, google pays them money according to clicks.
How To Start a Blog?
If you want to create a blog then you should decide some important things before starting it. Which kind of blofg you want to create? a free blog or blog on your own domain?. A free blog is on a free domain provided by many websites like Wordpress, Blogger and Typepad, Free blogs have domain name like yourdomainname.blogspot.com. If you start your blog then your domain will be on main domain names like .com, .net or whatever you like to purchase from internet.
I am going to tell you about starting your blog on main domain name like Techmell.com. To do this follow the below steps.
- First purchase a domain name from trusted website like Godaddy.
- Then buy a cheap and reliable shared hosting for your website, i recommends you a hosting with Cpanel.
- Change your domain's nameservers and point your domain to your web hosting. Your web hosting's nameservers will be provided by your hosting support and they will look like this
- Now add your domain name in your web hosting and install a wordpress script on it available in Cpanel. I personally recommend you wordpress because its easy to use with almost every option with good seo plugins in it.
- After installing wordpress on your domain you will be provided an admin login link like yourdomainname.com/wp-admin. You should login here and after installing required plugins and utilities start posting on your blog.
- You should have some knowledge about SEO(Search Engine Optimization) and my next tutorial will be about SEO. By use of SEO you can rank good in popular search engines and get higher traffic. Your earning will depend upon your blog's visitors and pageviews.
I hope my personal knowledge will be useful for you, don't hesitate to ask questions. You can ask questions in comments.
Original Source: Make Your PC a Wifi Hotspot in Windows 7
I don't have a wireless router and use a wire to connect with a internet connection, but my brother uses net without any wire while there is no wifi router. The wireless network is comes from my laptop and other are able to use it but i can't use it myself. Today i am going to tell you about making your Laptop a wireless router and by this you can save money.
To make your laptop a wifi hotspot in Windows 7 simply follow the below steps.
Step 1: Click on start button and type Manage wireless networks in search and select Manage wireless networks from search results.
Step 2: Add a wireless network by clicking on Add button.
Step 3: Now click on Create an ad hoc network.
Step 4: Now an instruction window will open to tell you about an ad hoc network, now click on next button.
Step 5: Now give your wifi network a name and i gave it geek hoc, and select the option of WPA2-Personal and after that provide a Security Key.
Step 6: Wait until a your desired network is created successfully.
Now your network is successfully created and ready to use.
Step 7: Now you can see geek hoc in your wireless networks list, and it will show a message Waiting For Users next to it.
Step 8: Now turn on your laptop on which you want to run this ad hoc network. You will be able to see geek hoc in your networks list and connect to it now. Your internet is now active without any wireless router. Share this tip with your friends, have fun.