Showing posts about "new"
News on Google Doodle 2012 July 27
Today marks an important date on the calendar as Google is going to announce the Olympics “Opening ceremony 2012 July 27” scheduled to be held in the United Kingdom. We have an all Nations ambassador in the form of Google Doodle where it is a platform for showcase of high-flying sports at the grand Olympic event.
2012 Summer Olympic Games, Opening Ceremony
The most anticipated and much awaited game season 2012 Summer Olympic Games is finally kicking off in London, United Kingdom. These popularly known as London 2012 bearing the official name of Games of the XXX Olympiad will formally begin from 27th of July fully adorned with the grandeur of the opening ceremony schedules the same day ofcourse and will continue till 12th of August 2012. The estimate shows an unbelievable number of over 10,000 athletes from 204 National Olympic Committees (NOCs) to take part. The vibes have already spread out two days in advance with the commencement of group stages in women’s football.
The event in itself is a paradigm of what to expect. This Opening ceremony is given the name “The Isles of Wonder” with Danny Boyle being the artistic director. He has Oscar award in his fame. Furthermore, from the electronic music side the famous Underworld duo Rick Smith and Karl Hyde are its music directors.
Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh themselves will inaugurate the games. On the events menu, there will be a display, during on television coverage. of a Daniel Craig starrer short film with him playing the secret agent James Bond role. Sir Paul McCartney has announced he will perform at the end of the ceremony.
Best of luck to all the participants! May the best athlete grab the title.
Original Source: How To Change Gmail Password
You might want to keep changing your email account passwords seeing to what extent hacking has reached in present times. Changing a Gmail password is a simple few steps long task.
1) Go to the Gmail page and log into your account.
2) In the top right corner you will see a gear like button. That is for the Settings. Click this button and open Settings.
3) Find the Accounts and Imports tab and click the Change Password option. This should pop up a new window or browser tab.
4) Here you can do either of the two things: type in your current password followed by your new password or answer the security question you set up when you first made your account.
5) Type in the password you want to keep. It would be beneficial if you pick a combination ranked strong by Gmail. Once you have typed it in, hit ‘Save’ and your new password is set.
You can also use your second email account (if you have one) to keep a password back up for Gmail account. This is a convenient feature since you can get your password sent to this second account just in case you forget your password.
Original Source: How To Change Yahoo Password
The email service, Yahoo! Mail, offers you free access to an email account that you can also use to accede to your Yahoo Messenger via the same Mail boundary. This article contains the information that will assist you in changing your password linked with the particular Yahoo! ID. These steps are relatively simple:
1) Sign-in to your Mail account when you Go to the Yahoo! Sign-in page. It will ask for your Yahoo! ID and password.
Otherwise, you can also use your Google or Facebook account to sign-in to Yahoo! Mail.
2) Within the Yahoo! Mail window, look for “Hi (Account Name)” tab on the top left of the window. Click it first. You will see a drop down window. Click ‘Account Info’.
3) After you have entered your password, continue by clicking the “Sign In” button.
4) You will see a section labeled “Sign-In and Security”, from there click “Change your password”.
5) It will ask for your existing password first to verify the user. Subsequently, you will enter your new password that should be six or more characters. To confirm, you will re-enter your new password.
6) To set your new password, click “Save”.
7) A verification message will appear confirming that you successfully changed your password. From then on you can use this password to sign into your account.
- The password should be strengthened by incorporating both the Uppercase and Lowercase letters along with numbers and special characters.
- Your Account Info page also gives you the option to set secret questions and tools to reset passwords in the same section from where you started, “Sign-In and Security”
- When you set a new password, it is also automatically changed for other Yahoo! Services that you obtain using the same Yahoo! ID.
Step 2: After step 1 navigate to the following registry location as showed in the image
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE> SOFTWARE> Microsoft> Windows> CurrentVersion> Authentication> LogonUI> Background
Step 3: You will see here OEMBackground and a value Named "DWORD". If you are not able to see this value then right-click in the right pane, point to the New submenu and create a new DWORD value with this name. Set the value to 1 by double clicking on OEMBackground.
Note: I want to tell that if you change your desktop theme from Appearance and Personalization then the registry value will be automatically set to "0", because it's default value. If you change your theme then you have to set agin your registry value to 1.
Changing the setting in group policy will allow it to persist even when you change your theme, but the Group Policy Editor is only available in Professional editions of Windows.
If you change settings in group policy then it will allow it to persist even you change your Windows 7 theme, But bad is that group policy editor is only available in Windows 7 Professional Edition.
If you have access to change or amend your Group Policy Editor than Follow the below instructions. Click on start menu and type in search bar gpedit.msc and click on gpedit.msc in the search results.
Now navigate to the following location:
Computer Configuration> Administrative Templates> System> Logon
Now you will see this Always use custom login background, Click it and open it up and Enable it as showed in image.
Step 4: Now Navigate to this location:
C:Windows> System32> oobe> info> backgrounds
I know no Info folder exist in oobe and you have to create a folder named info in oobe, to do it simply right click inside the folder, pointing to New, and selecting New Folder.
Step 5: Now copy your desired picture to Background folder in Info Folder, but remember that the picture's size can't be more than 256 kb. The name of image must be backgroundDefault.jpg.
Now your Logon screen background has been changed successfully and no system restart is required to apply these changes. Now log out from your account and you will see your desired background on logon.