Showing posts about "wireless"
Original Source: How To Set Up Wireless in Puppy Linux
Setting up a wireless WiFi /IEEE 802.11 with the help of the graphical networking wizard in Puppy Linux can be done following the given procedure.
In the case you are not using an entirely new router; you may skip directly to the step “Detecting your wireless adapter” further in this article. Before proceeding, connect your router to your computer.
Connect the new router
- If your internet has to be shared then plug it into the socket for internet.
- Into your PC, use the Ethernet cable to plug in your router.
- Open up the browser and type the address "http://192.168.0.1 192.168.0.1" or "http://192.168.2.1 192.168.2.1", or "http://192.168.1.1 192.168.1.1".
- Give your username and password from your service provider or router. It’s usually “admin” and “admin”.
- Next step is to enable your wireless followed by an encryption set up. The encryption should be WPA at the least since WEP can be easily cracked. . If you have AES available then use that otherwise TKIP is recommended. Now type a passkey that should be minimum 64 characters so you might want to have a memorable one.
Detecting the adapter
- You will see a “Connect” icon right on your desktop, click that.
- Select "Connect to Internet by network interface". If a wireless device appears in “Interfaces” or “Driver Modules” in case of Puppy 2 series then go directly to "Connecting to a network".
- Go to Load Module, click automatic and OK it. If no errors occur then you may go to the step "Connecting to a network" otherwise anyone of the following might help:
If the wireless adapter isn’t automatically detected then look for the manufacturer and model. From the list, select and OK it.
If you can’t find your adapter on the given list then go to WirelessWorking where you can find cards workable with Puppy.
In case of no listing of the wireless adapter, you may also select "ndiswrapper" and your Microsoft Windows driver (.inf file). Keep clicking OK till Network Setup screen appears.
4. Save the settings.
Connecting to a Network
- Select the recently found wireless adapter under ‘Interfaces’.
- Click “Wireless” on the window that appears.
- “Scan” it, this might have to do several attempts. After it works, select your network (look for your manufacturer and model) and click OK.
- Select your Encryption as explained earlier. Click on either WEP or WPA/TKIP and enter the lengthy passkey in “Provide a key”.
- Click on “Use this Profile”.
- You will be connected when you click “Auto DHCP” and if that doesn’t work then click “Static IP” and enter your IP addresses yourself.
- When you hit Save, your connection under these settings will initiate each time you start it.
- After checking if your internet is working, click Done.
Original Source: Make Your PC a Wifi Hotspot in Windows 7
I don't have a wireless router and use a wire to connect with a internet connection, but my brother uses net without any wire while there is no wifi router. The wireless network is comes from my laptop and other are able to use it but i can't use it myself. Today i am going to tell you about making your Laptop a wireless router and by this you can save money.
To make your laptop a wifi hotspot in Windows 7 simply follow the below steps.
Step 1: Click on start button and type Manage wireless networks in search and select Manage wireless networks from search results.
Step 2: Add a wireless network by clicking on Add button.
Step 3: Now click on Create an ad hoc network.
Step 4: Now an instruction window will open to tell you about an ad hoc network, now click on next button.
Step 5: Now give your wifi network a name and i gave it geek hoc, and select the option of WPA2-Personal and after that provide a Security Key.
Step 6: Wait until a your desired network is created successfully.
Now your network is successfully created and ready to use.
Step 7: Now you can see geek hoc in your wireless networks list, and it will show a message Waiting For Users next to it.
Step 8: Now turn on your laptop on which you want to run this ad hoc network. You will be able to see geek hoc in your networks list and connect to it now. Your internet is now active without any wireless router. Share this tip with your friends, have fun.