One of the best ways to express your innermost thoughts and feelings is to write poetry. Not only can it help you release certain negative emotions like pain, disappointment, frustration and so on, it can also help you savor positive emotions as well. In addition, writing poems calms the mind and heart so it also provides health benefits to those who make poetry writing a part of their daily existence. For some writers, they try to make the most out of their poetry writing by joining legit poetry contests because by joining, not only will they have a chance to make some money, they will also have a great opportunity to share their writings to the right people. By being recognized by the right people, poets can have bigger opportunities in poetry writing, most especially if they are taking it seriously.
Prior to joining any poetry contest, you need to do some research to make sure that it is legitimate and not one of those scams so you would know if it is worth your time and effort. You do not want to spend hours working on your poem and find out later on that you joined a contest that was only held to take money from people. Not only will you lose money, you might also lose your poem in the hands of the wrong people.
Just be knowledgeable about poetry writing contests online so you can feel secure about entering such contests. There is a lot of information online that can serve as your guide so take time reading and absorbing them so you can start taking your initial steps towards fame as a poet.
For most writers, even though people say they have such a great talent, total confidence is never achieved until they prove it themselves by winning a writing contest. Of course if you win, you can have that assurance that you indeed have a great talent that is why you got rewarded for it. To writers who want to test their poetry writing skills, there are writing contests 2012 you can enter for free. Taking advantage of these poetry contests 2012 can be a great way to boost your self confidence and to further enhance your skills.
When joining a contest, it is best to stick with the type of poem you can write best. There are different types of poem and the most popular ones are the following:
- Inspirational – These are poems that are inspiring and express thoughts and feelings about overcoming difficult trials and challenges in life, dealing with hardships and pain, building hope and so on.
- Love – Love poems are always a favorite. They can be about relationships, love loss, being happy in love, pain endured by someone who is in love and so on.
- Motivational – These poems are ones that talk about achieving a goal, realizing one’s dreams, gaining something, being successful and many more.
- Friendship – Friendship poems are a favorite among the young ones and some old ones because they usually express joyful and grateful feelings about real friendship.
- Christian – These poems are based on faith in God and sometimes based on one’s disbelief in God.
- Short Story – These poems are written in a story style and can be written about any subject.