Insider tips for working in and visiting Japan.
Latest Blog Posts
- Japanese iPhone Appson Jul 5, 2012 in LearningJapaneseIn addition allowing you to instantly Facebook your friends about that great sandwich you just ate launching angry birds at green pigs, smart phones are also wonderful study tools. If you happen to have a long commute or are just too lazy to get out...
- 5 Types of... Japanese Spider
- Counterfeit "Won" in Place of Yen
- The Japan Traffic Safety Association
- Why Vending Machines Don't Accept Old 500 Yen Coins
- Internet Downloading Laws in Japan
- Local Brews: Umeshuon Jun 21, 2012 in AlcoholAlong with sake and shochu, Japanese plum wine, or umeshu (梅酒) is one of Japan's iconic liquors. Now that we have covered local beers, local sake, and local shochu, lets take a look at how to find a quality bottle of umeshu. What is Umesh...
- Japanese Money: Coinson Jun 19, 2012 in MoneyAll you ever wanted to know (and probably a little more) about Japanese coins currently in use. One Yen Coin Here it is, the 1円. Incredibly light. Feels like a waste of time. Design is some kind of sapling. Material: Pure Aluminum Wei...
- Invitation to Guest Poston Jun 18, 2012We're always looking for new material for our growing archives. Think you've got what it takes? Got something interesting to write about? Had a difficult experience and what to share the process to help others? Then write for us! Contact us with a...
- 5 Salad Dressings to Try in Japanon Jun 17, 2012 in FoodCutting the crap and going straight to the list: 5. Baisen Goma (Roasted Sesame) by Kewpie, etc. A number of companies put out creamy roasted sesame dressings in Japan. I like all of them quite a bit, and usually the store's generic brand just...
- Find Your Local Fireworks Displays
- Local Brews: Sochu
- The Japanese Giant Hornet - Look Out
- Kanji Mixup? Natto and Tofu
- WS: Alphabet Maze 1st G JHS
- Local Brews: Sake
- 5 Types of Poisonous Japanese Wild Mushroom
- Hard or Soft Tofu: Momen and Kinu
- Local Brews: Beer
- Why Are The Japanese So Lean?