1. Fun and VJs
Fun and VJs chronicles the renovations to our 1928 Queenslander home - turning a sow's ear into a silk purse.
Latest Blog Posts
- Concentrating on the front gardenon Jun 2, 2013 in gardenOver the past few weekends, we've been working on our front yard...nothing too drastic, just weeding and clearing out garden beds. It is a low-cost project as we hunker down for a Brisbane winter. When we first moved into the Sow's Ear we planted qu...
- Single light casement window
- A look at an Ashgrove Queenslander
- Cruisin'on May 24, 2013 in LifeI've escaped for a few day with some girlfriends for a bit of R&R. It's part of my festival of forty that I've been celebrating this year. Yay! Jason's been holding the fort with the boys. He's a good man. I'll be having a cocktail for each...
- Second thoughts about our sofa
- Visiting a Queenslander up for saleon May 21, 2013 in QueenslandersThe other day I inspected a house for sale with a friend who is searching for new digs. When she told me which house she was visiting, I instantly invited myself along for the ride...house voyeurism is what I do best. It is an interwar Queensland...
- Fence repair
- Show us a retro corner of your home
- We made the front cover!on May 16, 2013That made you look! I know it's not the cover of Inside Out or Vogue Living however one has to start somewhere..The cover of the kids' school recipe book seems like a respectable start. (It also helps that I am the only serial vignette sn...
- Why you should open both gates...on May 14, 2013 in fenceYou know that opening scene from Four Weddings and a Funeral where the first words uttered were different intonations of the F word? Well that kind of describes my weekend. Saturday morning was going to be a busy chock-a-block day. I had lots of j...
- Four years at the Sow's Ear
- Welcome to a new sponsor Thea & Sami
- Another M.A.D June weekend for your diaries
- Little window
- Amateur food stylist
- Chalk paint makeover of a milking stool
- Seeing Florence Broadhurst everywhere
- Dragon's tears
- Anzac cake on Anzac Day