My Social profiles
Your resource for medical coding - from CPT and ICD to HCPCS; we cover the news and stories affecting the coding industry.
Latest Blog Posts
- The Medical Lab-On-A-Chip
- Pfizer's Lipitor Patent Expires
- Alzheimer's Disease Fish Study
- High Levels of Arsenic in Apple Juiceon Dec 2, 2011 in newsAccording to an investigation by Consumer Reports, apple juice and grape juice have levels of arsenic that could raise kids' risk of cancer. The study of 88 samples of fruit juice bought in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut found that 10% had ars...
- Medicare Obesity Prevention [video]
- Reacting to ICD-10
- The Many Medicine Codes
- Pathology and Laboratory Codes
- The Radiology Codes
- Looking Inside Surgery Codes
- List of Anesthesia Codes
- Evaluation and Management Codes
- Explaining Procedure Codes
- Tell Me About ICD Codeson Nov 28, 2011 in icdWhat are ICD codes? ICD codes are unique alphanumeric labels applied to every health condition. ICD codes are used to translate written medical information into diagnosis codes; allowing for the efficient indexing of diseases, symptoms, abnormal find...
- So, What Are CPT Codes?on Nov 28, 2011 in cptWhat are CPT codes? CPT codes are unique labels used by physicians, hospitals, coders, and other health care providers to describe every medical, surgical, and diagnostic service. CPT codes translate information about specific services and procedures...