1. Delhi Diary
A daily look, through foreign eyes, at life in India's capital city. Politics, travel, fashion, funny, tragic - whatever catches my eye, in other words.
Reviews of places, shops, destinations and anything else I like or dislike
I review books, pure and simple
Latest Blog Posts
- Oh my giddy aunt, what WERE they thinking of?on May 17, 2013 in THE BLOGIt’s that time of year again, folks. The Cannes film festival, aka Kaaaahn over here, is on, and we are all so excited. Kaaaahn is, or so we are breathlessly told – headlining Bollywood, so obviously our stars are over there and boy o...
- ! The fantastic Sanskriti Museums, New Delhi
- ! Edward’s in Delhi’s HKV
- The lion of (Pakistani) Punjab & a little Indian villageon May 14, 2013 in THE BLOGThere is a delightful side bar story to the recent Pakistani general elections. And it is happening right here in India. Whilst the politicians go through their Indo-Pak rituals, the good villagers of Jatti Umra have been partying up a storm. This...
- LIES ! LIES ! LIES !
- Oh, those pesky planets
- Surprisingly wild Delhi
- No WHIMS, FANCIES, FALSE EGOs and GREED here, thank you very much
- A man walked into a bar…the Indian version…
- Hallelujah for some truly lovely music in Delhion May 9, 2013 in THE BLOGDelhi is miserably hot. (As in 43C/109F hot). Another little girl has been raped. 4 years of age. And thus it is, that at the end of a long, tiring hot day, I am going to take the escapist route and share some magic from last night with you. Our ve...
- We have new chicks!
- 4 years old. 6 years old. 7 years old. 10 years old. 13 years old. 15 years old. 16 years old. 22 years old. And all raped in one week.on May 6, 2013 in THE BLOGOne’s innate sense of politeness almost makes one start with an apology, along the lines of “Sorry for starting your week with such a depressing blog post…” And then one’s revulsion and horror and unchannelled outrage...
- Calling a spade a spade…on May 5, 2013 in Ad of the day…or as we say up north in my native Yorkshire, calling a spade a bloody shovel. Our Mr. Sharma doesn’t hide behind PC language, you have to admit. No woolly “domestic help” or “housekeeper” for Kanchan Sharma Enter...
- A million people “singing in one uniform”…hmmm…not so sure about this…
- Latest news of “my” Bollywood film
- The wedding chronicle Part 2
- The Wedding. Part 1 of 2. Hey ! weddings are huge here…
- Live-streaming the fabulous colours of an Indian wedding (Part 1)
- Chiffon as far as the eyes can see