Food blog, featuring healthy, modern comfort food, using fresh, local ingredients often with an Italian twist, frequently with notes of the South. Vegetarian friendly, handmade pasta and, homemade desserts from scratch.
Latest Blog Posts
- Oatmeal Cookies with Dried Plums and Rosemary
- Lamb Feta Party Bites
- Banana Chocolate Chunk Nutella Muffins
- Zucchini Fritters
- The Fish Store in Toronto-Eating in Torontoon Jul 17, 2012 in RestaurantsWhen visiting Toronto, I wanted to do two things, eat dim sum in China Town and visit the St. Lawrence Market. Mr. ST only cared about one thing. He wanted a fish sandwich from The Fish Store. He read about it before our trip and once he became ena...
- Caprese Sandwich with Margherita Pepperoni
- Niagara Falls – Silo’s Haystack and the Freedom Crossing Monumenton Jul 14, 2012 in RestaurantsWe spent July 4th, admiring grape vines, finding a cool coffee place, eating the best sandwiches, getting drenched in the falls, and watching amazing fireworks. But in between this little vacation visiting a best friend in Niagara Falls, I had a cu...
- Teres Major Steak Tacos and Our Favorite Tortilla
- Taste of Buffalo (New York) and My Favorite Bites of the Day
- The Smiling Elephant
- Blackberry Cupcakes
- Homemade Blueberry Pie Filling for Ice Cream, Cake, and Mini-Pies
- Chilled Cantaloupe Soup with Blackberry Drizzle and Basil
- Grilled Corn on the Cob with a little Husk
- Mangia, Nashville
- Blueberry Hand Pie with Spelt Pie Crust
- The Mad Platter in Nashville
- Kale and Farm Fresh Poached Eggs
- The Silly Goose in East Nashville
- Teres Major Steak, a Filet Knock Off