The travels pf Timbobaggins, wildlife enthousiast, photographer and guitarist. UK based.
Latest Blog Posts
- Donana, Villmanrique ... warmth and succour!!!
- El Rocio, Donana .... still a place for cowboys and the mad Spanglais birders!
- The wild Southwest of Bonanza and Brazo Del Este... thousands of birds, a fab tractor and some stunning location shots.
- Tarifa chill out after the scorched earth and plastic of Almeria
- El Fondo ... very fond I am! Best Bluethroat, Great Grey Shrike & Wryneck pics ever, plus pretty pink Flamingoes & n Eagle to Boot!
- Beating it South, 15,000 Cranes, fab Hen Harriers and resting up time in Alicante.
- Got my Lammegeiers!
- Got my Lammergeiers!
- Down into Aragon and the warmth of the sun! Rocks, Ravens n more Cranes.
- Griffons galore at the Foz de Lumbier, snow around the Irati forests, Northern thrushes mingling with warblers and a rip off camp site but at least I got a shower!
- Bomb through France, Le Teiche, Cap Ferret and the Navarre Pyrenees ... stunningly beautiful Autumn colurs and Cranes a plenty!
- Road trip to Spain ... adventuring in the Pyrenees, Extramadura, Andalucia and so much more!
- Autumn fungi at Askham Bog, planning trips, a Mali Harp and a bit of John Mayer to make up for my lack of birds!
- Incredible falls of migrant birds on the East Coast ... Pallas's Warbler, Isabelline Shrike, Dusky & Raddes Warbler, Firecrest and more!!
- Migrant strollings around Gibralter Point
- Migrant strollings around Gibralter Point... first Redwings and last Swallows
- Overnighter at Flamborough Head ... Kestrel cameo, close up little waders and a night on the cliffs!
- 1st Annual Bird Migration Festival, AKA Mig Fest attracts vagrants from all over the UK!
- on Sep 5, 2013Ah! Wheldrake Ings, a truly awesome place that will be forever stamped in my mind as bird watching heaven! It was here, some 30+ years ago and armed with a 2nd hand pair of binoculars, that I rediscovered birding and turned away from...
- 2hrs of drama at Pond Hide, Wheldrake Ings