The travels pf Timbobaggins, wildlife enthousiast, photographer and guitarist. UK based.
Latest Blog Posts
- Back to Spurn ... Migfest revisited, tidal washovers and hordes of migrants
- Norfolk Road trip pt3 - unspoilt Wheatfen, stunning Marsh Harriers and oriental deers
- Norfolk road trip pt2 - Dashing Hobbies, feisty Avocets and a new Bog!
- Norfolk road trip Pt1 - White blobs on the Wash and scarce butterflies at Snettisham
- Bird surveying in North Yorks produces rocking horse shit around these parts .... breeding Redstarts!
- Ring Ouzels return to the Dales and Pimpernels, Sorrells and Anemones by the brook
- The first few days of Spring - first returning Chiff Chaffs, Sandmartins and well turned out drakes!
- Barn Owl gores and swallows Field Vole - a photographic account
- Northern ducks fill the skies in the Lower Derwent, early Spring flowers along the Foss and handsome Fieldfares pulling up worms!
- In between the wind and the rain, a majestic Sparrowhawk and a hint of early Spring in North Yorks
- Shaking off my post Spain blues and hanging with a couple of good guys in Goshawk territory!
- Cracking finch flocks, a confiding woodpecker and some crisp winter sunshine eases the post Spain blues
- The last leg ... a Wallcreeper moment in Jaca, vehicle worries but all done and back safe n sound!
- The journey back pt1 ... Castilla y Leon, freezing fog around Madrid, a different goose and some sheep!
- Into Extramadura... Great Bustards, Great Scenery and the Vultures of Monfrague
- Donana, Villmanrique ... warmth and succour!!!
- El Rocio, Donana .... still a place for cowboys and the mad Spanglais birders!
- The wild Southwest of Bonanza and Brazo Del Este... thousands of birds, a fab tractor and some stunning location shots.
- Tarifa chill out after the scorched earth and plastic of Almeria
- El Fondo ... very fond I am! Best Bluethroat, Great Grey Shrike & Wryneck pics ever, plus pretty pink Flamingoes & n Eagle to Boot!