A stay-at-home mom's adventures in raising a toddler, and running a home daycare.
Latest Blog Posts
- New Adventures in Daycareland
- Playin' in the Rainon May 27, 2013 in outdoor playThese pictures are actually from a couple of weeks ago. I completely forgot to post them, but they are so cute, I figured it was better late than never! It was a pretty mild, spring rain on this day. When Noah and B.'s classes got out of Junior K...
- Mother's Day Craft: Flower Photograph
- Lazy Days of....Summer?
- Conflicting Goals
- High Park Cherry Blossoms 2013
- Field Trip to the ROM!on May 3, 2013 in Day TripsB.'s mother generously offered to share her family pass to the Royal Ontario Museum with the daycare. So she, myself, B., Noah, Thomas and Leila went on a field trip! We had a blast! B. is especially fond of dinosaurs. Okay, he is downright crazy...
- Little Stars
- Rock Star Kids
- Springtime and the Livin is Mucky
- The Volcanoon Apr 14, 2013Noah came out of kindergarten one day with instructions on how to make a volcano at home. His teacher had done it with the class. We figured we'd give it a go! Well, we did it three times and still didn't quite perfect it (I think we needed a bigger...
- More Truck Sightings!on Apr 8, 2013 in outdoor playToronto Hydro has been doing a lot of work across from Keele Street Public School. The boys have basically had front row seats to a show of men working on trucks; cranes mostly. One day, Thomas did not leave the fence - I don't even think he moved a...
- Easter Eggs
- Easter Craftson Mar 26, 2013The daycare has been busy with kids doing Easter crafts. One of the crafts we did last week was potato print Easter eggs. This is the same craft we did a couple of years ago. I helped the kids to mix the paints to make pastel colours. Then they d...
- Winter Fun!on Mar 19, 2013We had a lot of fun playing outside after picking the bigger boys up from school today!
- T is for Truck
- Little Valentines
- Happy Holidays, Happy Birthday, and a Daycare Reunion
- Halloween and Other Fall Activitieson Nov 28, 2012Fall is my favourite season, and I love decorating the apartment with kids' fall-themed crafts. One of the first crafts we did for fall was this cute leaf craft. I cut leaf shapes out of Bristol Board and the kids painted them, as well as a litt...