A focus on environmental risk factors in ADHD, aurism, childhood obesity , neurological and psychiatric diseases
Latest Blog Posts
- Identification of Altered Metabolic Pathways in Plasma and CSF in Mild Cognitive Impairment and Alzheimer's Disease Using Metabolomics.
- Molecular Psychiatry - : The microbiome-gut-brain axis during early life regulates the hippocampal serotonergic system in a sex-dependent manner
- The TLR4 antagonist Eritoran protects mice from lethal influenza infection : Nature : Nature Publishing Group
- BBC News - Feet home to more than 100 fungi
- Negligible impact of rare autoimmune-locus coding-region variants on missing heritability : Nature : Nature Publishing Group
- Phthalates: Study links chemicals widely found in plastics, processed food to elevated blood pressure in children, teens
- Addiction to unhealthy foods could help explain the global obesity epidemic
- Futurity.org – Blood test could predict postpartum depression
- B vitamins could delay dementia
- Common food supplement fights degenerative brain disorderson May 22, 2013 in Neurodegeneration: "Widely available in pharmacies and health stores, phosphatidylserine is a natural food supplement produced from beef, oysters, and soy. Proven to improve cognition and slow memory loss, it's a popular treatment for older people experiencing memory...
- Vitamin C Slays TB Bacteria | The Scientist Magazine®
- New immune system discovered
- Type 1 Diabetes May Be Reversible With Immune Suppressor Protein
- Early-life traffic-related air pollution exposure linked to hyperactivity
- Scientists Develop Drug That Improves Memory and Prevents Brain Damage in Miceon May 20, 2013 in Alzheimer's diseaseA drug developed by scientists at the Salk Institute for Biological Studies, known as J147, improves memory and prevents brain damage in aged mice following short-term treatment. The findings, published May 14 in the journal Alzheimer's Research and...
- Good cholesterol linked to innate immunity: ASM
- BBC News - Sunshine vitamin D 'may treat asthma'
- Breathing Emission Particles Turns HDL Cholesterol From 'Good' To 'Bad'
- Ketamine shows significant therapeutic benefit in people with treatment-resistant depression
- Now we know why old scizophrenia medicine works on antibiotics-resistant bacteria