I am a Student Teacher about to finish my degree in Secondary Education in a year and a half’s time, and if you want to know my major, it’s English. It is way too far from my dream of becoming a Patissier (a pastry chef), but I guess I won’t be needing to achieve that dream anymore since I am engaged to a great chef named Mark Diel, might as well let him do the kitchen work while I write lesson plans, and wash the dishes afterwards instead.
I consider myself as a frustrated writer, as I have always wanted to be one but I believe I am not good enough, especially in using and putting fancy and flowery words together in a sentence. But writing is my favorite hobby next to reading, and so I try my best to hone my skills in writing by means of keeping an online journal like this one, and writing poetry and short stories.
I used to write for the college paper but eventually had to quit because of academic stress. I guess I have exerted too much effort and time being in the publication office doing my responsibility as a writer/photographer that I sort of go to school for that purpose and not because I have classes to attend to and a degree to finish. Now I write for this site, and for others like Triond, FanFiction.Net and Starkises.net.
I like taking pictures, and I personally think that it is really different from liking photography or being a photographer, because I do not really care much about the technicalities, I just simply want to capture memories. Along with this, I also fancy old movies, and monochrome and vintage/lomo inspired photos. It is, I guess, an addiction I’ve acquired from being too close with my grandparents. They were the coolest people I knew when I was six, and they still are.
Watching films is also one of my hobbies, and most of the time I’d watch something that stars Gerard Depardieu and Ringo Starr. I am a huge fan of them, and I do not seem to get tired of watching them unleash their talent and expertise in that field. I also happen to love movies based on historical events, especially during the renaissance and early to mid 20th century period, and I don’t really care if it is fictional based on fact, or something or someone that really happened and existed in the past; same goes for my choice of book, I just find historical events and characters very interesting. They seem to play a significant role in my life that I have yet figured out, and I bet I will never be able to know how and why my passion and love for such thing ever started.
Music and Coffee are my company when I am in deep thinking or when I need to wind up from the anxiety and shenanigans of the real world. They soothe me every time, and I cannot recall a time when they let me down. I don’t choose my brand of coffee, but I do have favorites, but since they’re not always available I had to flex my tastebuds.
I often listen to The Beatles, The Hollies, The Smiths, Adele, and Gerard Depardieu’s version of the song “Save the Last Dance for Me” and “Quand J’etais Chanteur” whenever I need to build up a specific mood, or even when I just want to chill. I also listen to The Carpenter’s, Cher, Ringo Starr, Paul McCartney, John Lennon, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga and some random local band, specifically, Hale, Pupil, Rivermaya, Rico Blanco, The Dawn, Urbandub and Franco. My choice of music is eclectic, I listen to practically everything, even to classical music and Yoko Ono (no offense, I’m a big fan but I still think her music is weird.). Most of the time, people think that my choice of music is old, rusty and weird, but I guess music just have its way of connecting one generation to another and some people may never understand the joy it brings to people like me.
I’m pretty conceited and vain, and I guess I was able to prove that by writing the long bio above, but generally, I am a good person. Only that I choose the people I show my good side to, not to try impress them by looking like a snob, I mean I already have a strong personality as what most people say, but because I value trust, friendship and love so much that I find them hard to just give a way and be put into waste in just a matter of time. I wish I could say more, but I guess I have written enough, you now only have my blog posts to know who, and what I really am. I love writing on this online journal, no matter how inconsistent I can be sometimes, and as ironic as it may seem, this is my way of keeping my life as private as possible.
1. Nowhere Girl
The personal online journal of a Nowhere Girl from Nowhere Land named Mia Venus. This is where she writes about her opinions on life, love, music, movies, literature, food, fashion, and books.
Latest Blog Posts
- Hello, Ilocos!
- Hoshigirl’s Birthday Giveaway!on Apr 25, 2012 in ContestHoshigirl is having her birthday giveaway once again! This is my first time to join her birthday giveaway contest, and mind you, the prizes this time are even more awesome. Everything from first to third prize are cute and awesome items. This is my s...
- Thanks Miss Jen! ^_^on Apr 25, 2012 in ContestThe parcel containing my prize arrived today! My younger sister excitedly told me that my prize arrived in the mail today. Excited as she was, I opened the package and shared my prize with my sisters and our mom. Thank you Miss Jen, I really love the...
- Cagayan Vacation Parts 4 and 5/6
- Cagayan Vacation Part 3/6
- Jen’s March Giveaway Contest Result
- Cagayan Vacation Part 2/6
- Drunk Driving Lessonon Apr 17, 2012 in RandomI know a lot of people who drink and drive after spending the entire evening at a friend’s house and it scares me that most of them might be involved in car accidents in the future, or worse—being caught in act by the authority. Considering the f...
- Weight Loss Optionson Apr 17, 2012 in RandomMost people I know are desperate to lose weight, especially now that summer has come. Those people I know have considered dieting, exercising and even surgeries! Yep, believe it or not, my good friend has seriously talked to me about a series of surg...
- Cagayan Vacation Part 1/6
- The Walking Dead
- Bookworm Project Update
- My LOVE Month
- Bookworm Mode
- Site Analyzeron Feb 11, 2012 in RandomThis is going to be quite a boring and nerdy post, but trust me it’s really handy. So I got an e-mail from someone, perhaps a blogger, telling me to check this site out called StatMyWeb.com. I did, and searched for my website and it gave me a d...
- What’s next?
- Day and Night Out
- Tour 2012
- Hoshigirl’s Online Shop