Teacher, Crafter, Musician, Rambler, Me
Latest Blog Posts
- Resources Every Teacher Needs to Know Abouton Jun 13, 2014 in SchoolGood morning, I just wanted to take the time to share with you a fabulous resource called SimpleK12. This past year, my list of completed Professional Development was much shorter than my colleagues. MOST of that is because of the lack of music spe...
- Dazzling Discipline
- Perfect Poolside Planning: Stop #2
- Classroom Organization
- Listening to…..on May 28, 2014 in ListsSometimes I like a song but I don’t like the singer. Sometimes I like a song but I hear a cover that I like better. I know! Some people HATE covers but not me. So, for your listening pleasure: GREAT COVERS of GREAT SONGS 1.) Fun Fact! I l...
- Reflections on the 2013-2014 School Year
- Peek at the Week Template Kitson Apr 13, 2014 in SchoolI’ve blogged about my Peek at the Week before. I use it to communicate with colleagues, administration, and parents about what we are working on in music. Our school is fortunate to have a weekly newsletter that is sent via email to all staff...
- Terrific Transitionson Apr 10, 2014 in Classroom ManagementLittle Miss Kindergarten is hosting a Linky Party for Terrific Transitions. Click HERE to see more great ideas on transitions for your classroom! I have to say, I have become a master at transitions. Of course, when you only have kids for 30-45 m...
- Five Favorite Pins of April
- Vocal Explorations in Stories
- Vocal Explorations in the Snow
- Music Makes Me a Smart Cookie Bulletin Board Kit
- Branching Out! Resources for the General Ed Teacher
- Update on I Give a Hoot About Music Bulletin Board Kit
- New Posters and a FREEBIE!
- I Give a HOOT About Music: Advocacy Month and a New Bulletin Board
- “I Sing Because I’m Happy” Bird Poster
- Where words fail, music speaks.
- Vocal Explorations in Space!
- Songs that Improve My Moodon Mar 8, 2014 in ListsBeing a “specials” teacher, a lot of people that don’t have any knowledge of my job seem to have an opinion about it. Sometimes, those people say things that are truly offensive and they don’t even realize it. I won’...