I have been making handmade cards, scrapbooks, altered art, and all kinds of crafts for many years, but had to beg, borrow, and steal an hour here or there to get anything done when my children were young and I was working! I retired from teaching elementary school about 2 years ago and the first thing I decided to do was to work on all my unfinished projects.
I hadn’t been to a scrapbooking store since I moved about 10 years ago, so I found one in my area and decided to go buy myself some new supplies. As I was paying for my things, I noticed a class calendar next to the cash register. I took one home with me and a few days later, I thought to myself how nice it would be to be able to make cards or scrapbooks with other women as NONE of my family or friends were interested! So, I decided to sign up for some card classes just to meet others and have fun. It so happened that most of the people in the classes came to every class and I got to know them pretty well.
After a couple of months, the store owner just quit ordering supplies and hardly ever had any new paper, stamps, etc. and one of my new friends told me she bought a lot of things on-line. That night when I got home, I went on-line and looked up several scrapbooking sites. One of them happened to be Stampin’ Up! which I’d never heard of before. I read all about the company and saw how you could get a great discount by signing up to be a demonstrator! I was very interested.
The next day was Tuesday and I had another card class. I mentioned Stampin’ Up! to several of my friends and the instructor. They all ranted and raved about SU products and how wonderful they were, so I told them I was thinking about becoming a demonstrator just to get the discount. Just by chance, I had signed up to go to a class in my area that night through meetup.com. Well, guess what!! The person giving the card class was a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator and I got to use her stamps, paper, cardstock, and punches. It was love at first sight (or should I say touch!) and decided to sign up right then and there!
I enjoyed using the products I bought so much that I wanted everything in the catalog (which I couldn’t afford), so I decided to change from being a “hobbyist” to becoming a demonstrator with my own business (so I could have the extra money to buy more products) and I’ve never looked back! I love sharing all the Stampin’ Up! products, my ideas, and techniques with others. I love seeing the smiles at my classes and demonstrations after hearing everyone say, “I could never do that! I don’t have a creative bone in my body!” etc. and then they do it! I love it when I see them again and they all tell me how surprised their families and friends were when they saw their cards, scrapbook pages, or other creations and how much they raved about them. They are always so proud of themselves!
I love showing everyone I can how to find their hidden creativity! Now, if I could only get my daughters interested.)
I love sharing my creativity with others. You can find handmade cards, scrapbooks, altered art and other crafts on this blog. Get inspiration, ideas, tips, and techniques here.
Handmade cards/scrapbooks/altered art and other paper crafts and home decorations
altered art, handmade crafts, handmade cards, paper crafts, scrapbooking
Latest Blog Posts
- January Winner!
- Nautical Card
- Tea Shoppe Class in a Boxon Feb 6, 2012 in 2012 Sale-a-bration Brochure Class in a Box Everyday Enchantment DSP Handmade Boxes Handmade Cards Handmade Gifts Tea Bag Holder Tea Shoppe Arts and Crafts Birthday Cards Card Classes Card Making Classes Card Making Products Classy Cut-ups Creations paper crafts Rubber Stamps Stampin' Up! Stampin' Up! Products Tea Shoppe Class in a Box Tea Shoppe Stamp SetHello Friends! Today, I have a brand new Class in a Box for you! The Tea Shoppe Class in a Box tutorial has over 40 pages of photos and directions to make everything in the set: cookie/gift box, tea bag … Continue reading →...
- Fun Anniversary Card
- It’s Almost Here!on Feb 5, 2012 in UncategorizedFebruary is a great time to spread some love around. I try to do it all year long, but especially near Valentine’s Day. Here is my list for the 10 days leading up to the Big Day. 1. Watch a … Continue reading →...
- Try My Digital Studio for FREE!on Feb 4, 2012 in Card Making and Scrapbooking Tools Digital Card Making and Scrapbooking My Digital Studio Uncategorized Arts and Crafts Card Making Classy Cut-ups Creations Digital Cardmaking Digital Scrapbooking Handmade Cards My Digital Studio for FREE Scrapbooking Products Stampin' Up! ProductsWow! Now you can try the wonderful My Digital Studio program FREE for 30 days! Thank you Stampin’ Up! for giving everyone a chance to experience the fun and ease of digitally creating cards, scrapbook pages, calendars, and more! See...
- on Feb 2, 2012 in 2012 Occasions Mini Catalog Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch Blossom Punch Cards For All Occasions Dry Embossing Handmade Cards Mixed Bunch Scallop Dots Ribbon Stampin' Up! Products Thank You Cards 2012 Stampin' Up! Leadership Conference Arts and Crafts Card Making Card Making Products Classy Cut-ups Creations Mixed Bunch Stamp Set paper crafts Rubber Stamps Stampin' Up! RibbonDuring the Leadership Conference, there were several Make-and-Takes for all of us to complete. We made two of this card…one to keep and one to give to the Ronald McDonald House, a charity supported by Stampin’ Up! This one is …...
- Join Me for Lots of Fun!
- Two Ink Refills + Alcohol = Gorgeous!on Jan 31, 2012 in 2012 Occasions Mini Catalog Card Making and Scrapbooking Techniques Handmade Cards Heat Embossing Labels Collection Framelits Dies Ribbon Rue Des Fleurs Stampin' Up! Products Thank You Cards Arts and Crafts Card Making Card Making Products Classy Cut-ups Creations paper crafts Rubber Stamps Stampin' Up! 2012 Occasions Mini Catalog Stampin' Up! RibbonWow…I just love the way this card turned out! I don’t remember where I learned this technique or what it’s called, but I just love what it does to Glossy White Card Stock. Here’s how it works: Stamp a background …...
- A New Class in a Box is Ready
- Double Embossing Techniqueon Jan 29, 2012 in 2012 Sale-a-bration Brochure Big Shot Cards For All Occasions Double Embossing Handmade Cards Seam Binding Ribbon Sweet Vintage Stamp Set Card Making Card Making Products Classy Cut-ups Creations Double Embossing Technique paper crafts Rubber Stamps Stampin' Up! Products Stampin' Up! Sale-a-brationHere is one of the cards we made at a class I did last week using a new technique. I’ve seen this technique called different things, but to me it really is “double embossing.” I say this because you are … Continue reading...
- Sale-a Bration is Here!
- New Changes for Classes at Hobby Lobby
- It’s Time to Sale-A-Brate!
- Leadership Conference in San Antonio, Texason Jan 25, 2012 in 2012 Sale-a-bration Brochure Promotions Uncategorized Arts and Crafts Card Making Classy Cut-ups Creations Handmade Cards Joining Stampin' Up! Make money selling Stampin' Up! Products paper crafts Sale-a-bration Scrapbooking Stampin' Up! Demonstrators Stampin' Up! Leadership Conference 2012 Stampin' Up! RibbonHello Friends, I hope you all are having a wonderful week so far. I returned from my trip to the Leadership Conference late Saturday night. Let me tell you what a wonderful time I had those 4 days in San Antonio! I … Continue reading...
- Butterfly Thanks Card
- Occasions Mini Catalog Product and Ribbon Share
- Best Friends Scrapbook Pageon Jan 23, 2012 in 2012 Occasions Mini Catalog Attic Boutique DSP Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch Elements of Style Lace Ribbon Border Punch Linen Thread Scrapbooking Arts and Crafts Classy Cut-ups Creations paper crafts Punches Rubber Stamps Scrapbooking Products Stampin' Up! Stampin' Up! 2012 Occasions Mini Catalog Stampin' Up! Products stampsThree years ago I wouldn’t even have thought about using stamps on my scrapbook pages. Since finding out about Stampin’ Up! and becoming a demonstrator, I can’t imagine making my pages without using stamps on them. They just add...
- Do You Want a FREE Stamp Set and Other Goodies From Stampin’ Up?
- Stampin’ Up! Leadership Conference – 2012on Jan 22, 2012 in 2012 Occasions Mini Catalog Promotions Classy Cut-ups Creations Handmade Cards Handmade Gifts paper crafts Rubber Stamps Scrapbooking Products Stampin' Up! Stampin' Up! 2012 Occasions Mini Catalog Stampin' Up! as a Business Stampin' Up! Leadership Conference 2012 Stampin' Up! ProductsI just got home from the 2012 Stampin’ Up! Leadership Conference…my very first one! It was a fantastic experience and if you are one of my downline, I hope you are able to attend the next one with … Continue reading →...