Simpleng Luto is more on Lutong Bahay recipes or cooked mostly by simple Filipino family on day-to-day living.
Latest Blog Posts
- Pancit Batoon Jan 26, 2016Pancit Bato is a kind of noodle originated in the province of Camarines Sur in Bicol region in a municipality known as Bato. So we know already why it is called Pancit Bato.Usually this serves as a miryenda or snacks, but in a simple family...
- Paksiw na Pataon Sep 11, 2015 in MeatThis is one of my favorite dish too, preparing this is a simple as 1, 2, 3. A one Simpleng Luto that you can add on your cook books and in your lists of dishes.Ingredients3 1/4 pounds pig's feet, rinsed and patted dry1 1/2 cups vinegar1 1/2 cups wate...
- Fluffy Scrambled Egg
- Ginataang Talakitokon Sep 4, 2015 in FishTalakitok or Cavalla Fish (refer to wikipedia), as a simple Juan I find it a bit pricy than Tilapia that I usually use in cooking this kind of recipe. A ginataang Isda or Fish cooked in coconut milk a one delicious food for a simple filipino family.
- Pork Sinigangon Feb 10, 2015 in MeatOne of the favorite viand of my son, he loves it a lot specially when sour is a bit over than normal taste and the soup is somewhat thick. He always requested it to mommy to cook for us over the weekend. This recipe is also one of the most or commonl...
- Sauteed Asparagus In Garlic
- Scrambled Eggs In Tomato with cheese
- Pork Menudo with Cheese
- Corn-Si-Log (Corned Beef, Sinangag, Itlog)
- Deep Fry Whole Chicken
- Bicolano Fish Cosido (Sinigang sa Kalamansi)
- Ginataang Sitaw at Kalabasa with Pork
- Tunaflakes (Corned Tuna plus skyflakes)
- Sardines In Talbos Ng Kamote
- Monggo Guisado with Dilis and Malunggayon Feb 17, 2014 in VegetablesMonggo Guisado with Dilis and Malunggay RecipeIngredients1 1/4 cups mung beans4 to 6 cups water1/2 cup dried anchovies (dilis)1 cup malunggay leaves1 medium yellow onion, sliced1 medium plum tomato, diced3 cloves crushed garlic3 tablespoons cooking o...
- Ilocano's version of Dinuguanon Feb 16, 2014 in MeatThe Ilocano version of dinuguan is not soupy but oily—this keeps the dish from spoiling easily.Serves 2 to 4 Prep Time 7 minutes Cooking Time 40 minutes1 kilo pork, diced, fat separated from meat2 cups water1 tablespoon garlicsalt and pepper2...
- Ginisang Baguio Beans w/ Pork Giniling
- Ginisang Ampalayaon Jan 23, 2013 in VegetablesGinisang Ampalaya2 pieces ampalaya cut into thin slices2 garlic, minced1/2 tsp ground black pepper2 tbsp salt18 ounces luke warm water1 large tomato, sliced1 large onion, sliced3 tbsp cooking oilCooking ProcedurePlace the ampalaya in a large bowlAdd...
- Gatang Kalabasa & Sitawon Nov 20, 2012 in VegetablesGinataang Sitaw at Kalabasa (string beans and squash in coconut milk)One of the simple yet delicious, and so nutritious vegetable recipe. To make the recipe more delicious you can add either pork or shrimp. But we bicolanos sometimes use tinapa (smok...