Teacher, Crafter, Musician, Rambler, Me
Latest Blog Posts
- Music PBL Night
- Curriculum Mapping: Cohesive Planning for Effective Instruction; Part 4: Building Your Lessons
- Curriculum Mapping: Cohesive Planning for Effective Instruction; Part 3: The Big Picture
- Curriculum Mapping: Cohesive Planning for Effective Instruction; Part 2: The Nitty-Gritty Details
- Curriculum Mapping: Cohesive Planning for Effective Instruction; Part 1: Curriculum Evolutionon Mar 18, 2016 in UncategorizedBack in February, I presented on this topic at the Texas Music Educator’s Association annual convention. I’m posting an overview of the presentation here for my faithful readers. :) But first……… I am no master musician...
- Product Review:4-Beat Rhythm Blocks
- Zaption Update
- Cara’s Favorite Sites for Graphics
- Do You Youtube? Sites & Tools to Enhance Your Youtube Experience
- Cara’s Favorite Tech Tools: Kahoot!on Oct 24, 2015 in UncategorizedI’d heard about Kahoot before (several times in fact) but this week was the first time I used it in the classroom. I got to say, it was a big hit. Students were completely engaged in the quiz. My only complaint is that, they were so engag...
- Don’t Just Watch. Learn! With Zaption
- 6th Grade Meme Ruleson Aug 30, 2015 in UncategorizedSixth grade is a special age. They aren’t little kids but they definitely are not teenagers either (and especially not adults). To better serve them on their level, I created a special rules presentation just for them that cuts out the BS b...
- My Favorite Things Linkyon Jul 1, 2015 in UncategorizedI’m participating in the monthly Favorite Things Linky at Teaching Trio! First, I’m loving Summer right now. Okay, not the hot part but I love the sleeping in, staying up late, wearing comfy clothes, and doing whatever I want! Second, I...
- MATCH 2015- Call for Proposalson Jun 9, 2015 in UncategorizedWho loves TMEA Convention? The Texas Music Educators’ Association Convention is one of my favorite times of year. I don’t know if it is the atmosphere of awesomeness or just being with people who are a lot like me. Well, Texas Friends,...
- Favorite Freebies on TpT!on May 9, 2015 in UncategorizedNoteworthy by Jen is hosting a linky party of favorite freebies on TpT! Check out other lists and stock up to finish the year strong. Yeah, her graphic has five but I chose nine. Ha! David Row has several Favorite Folk Song sets but this freebie is...
- Featured Teacher: Southwestern Musicianon Apr 18, 2015 in UncategorizedHave you seen April’s Southwestern Musician? Back in the elementary section, I’m the “featured teacher!” Woot! Here is a link to the issue: http://www.tmea.org/resources/southwestern-musician/interactive/april-2015...
- Effectively Managing the 1:1 iPad Music Room
- Wishlist Wednesday
- Teaching Untethered: Wireless Technology in the Classroom Presentation
- Just saw this! 53 Ways to Check for Understandingon Feb 22, 2015 in Classroom ManagementThis looks amazingly helpful! I can’t wait to utilize this when doing my lesson plans. Click to see edutopia post. Click to see original posting. Thanks for reading!