Cinema is not only his passion, but also his greatest obsession. His all-time favorite movie-makers are Akira Kurosawa, Stanley Kubrick, Luis Bunuel, Andrei Tarkovsky, Charles Chaplin, Orson Welles, Federico Fellini, Ingmar Bergman, Satyajit Ray, Fritz Lang, Sergio Leonne, Francis Ford Cuppola, and Martin Scorsese.
An eclectic selection of avant-garde, auteur-driven, thought-provoking films from across the globe that aims to acquaint the masses with the realm of cinema, especially as the ultimate medium of human expression.
Latest Blog Posts
- The Trends in Marathi Cinema
- Don't Look Now (1973): British filmmaker Nicholas Roeg's masterpiece in allusive storytelling
- Seven reasons why it's essential to watch Praveen Morchhale's "Barefoot to Goa" this summer
- The Catalyst - A Kannada short film by Vaishnavi Sundar based on a short story by Punjabi writer Kartar Singh Duggal
- NH10 (2015): Navdeep Singh's social commentary on the plight of women in a male dominated society
- India's Daughter: Leslee Udwin's controversial documentary on the infamous 2012 Delhi gang rape
- Birdman (2014): Alejandro González Iñárritu's Oscar-winning film featuring a tour de force from Michael Keaton
- Lucy (2014): French filmmaker Luc Besson's solid Action flick with a weak Sci-Fi element
- Badlapur (2015): Indian filmmaker Sriram Raghavan's unflinching tale of revenge with an underlying moral dilemma
- ICC World Cup 2015: Cricket, Movies, Food, Fun and Frolic
- "'Muffler wala' is synonymous with Arvind Kejriwal" says the Pune-based filmmaker who ran the AAP's 'Sardi' campaign
- Banned Iranian filmmaker Jafar Panahi's Taxi wins the Golden Bear at the 65th Berlin International Film Festival
- Barefoot to Goa: Social Media "PROUD VOLUNTEER" Campaign - Press Release
- Shamitabh (2015): R. Balki's satire on the Hindi Film industry aka "Bollywood"
- Bombay Velvet: First Official Poster Analysis
- Cinema and Travel: Are they anyway connected?
- All Time Best 100 Movies: Author's Pick 2015
- Black History Month Film Festival (5th – 7th February 2015): Remembering the important people and events in the history of the African diaspora
- The Theory of Everything (2014): English filmmaker James Marsh's biopic about the celebrated cosmologist Stephen Hawking
- Force Majeure (2014): Swedish filmmaker Ruben Östlund's treatise on familial paradoxes