2 years and counting through South America, Europe, the middle east, Africa, and Asia! Part foodie, part story teller, and a little bit of everything else.
Latest Blog Posts
- Potateron Dec 30, 2012After nearly 4 months in the pot, here is the bounty from about 5 spuds planted from a grab bag of mixed fingerlings that had been sitting around. Not too bad. The greens and leaves hadn't really completely wilted or died as most literature I read sa...
- D & M
- Food Bikeon Nov 17, 2012The best pad thai in Phuket comes with a motorcycle attached and is consumed on the kiddie stool adjacent to the bike. Lets hope at least the engine isn't running while the food is being cooked.
- Moto Times
- Thai Buddhist Monkson Nov 9, 2012Really know how to climb:These are 'trainees'. Most Thai boys spend a period as monks when they are young.
- Thai Marketson Nov 7, 2012Anyone who has spent a minute or two with me while traveling knows one thing: I love markets. I'm drawn to them like a magnet. Chiang Mai and the surrounding region, in northern Thailand, has some of the best food markets I've ever been to. They are...
- More HK Styleon Nov 3, 2012Dried seafoodsProud fish chopper showin us his cuts in a stinky subterannean fish marketHappy to buy a t-shirt from this guy. Signs chaos by nightSign chaos by dayThe massesBirdnests...
- Shots from HKon Oct 13, 2012 in Hong KongBonnies Dad at work - Their family owns a small fruit stall amongst the fruit stalls at a local marketFish skinsNum num fish ball and meatball soup. Ascending the Hong Kong escalatorsDuly noted HK style...
- Wadi Rum Dunes
- Gas Cambodian Styleon Sep 10, 2012Gas served up from Pepsi bottles test tubes, and barrels, by the families son, quite the norm in these parts.
- Tico Beachtime
- Amerrrrican Mailon Sep 8, 2012 in Highway 25Makes getting your mail each day just that much more fun. Off of desolate highway 25 in central CA.
- World Currencieson Sep 1, 20123+ years of travels, 30+ currencies, 5 continents. No worries, 50,000 Vietnamese Dong, 2,000 Costa Rican Colones, 1000 Chilean Pesos, 50 billion 1993 Serbian Dinars, and 500 2011 Serbian Dinars aren't exactly worth the equivalent weight in gold. Scan...
- Luxurious Luxon Aug 31, 2012 in LuxembourgI visited Lautauro in Luxembourg a few days before flying back to the US. While not the most scintillating place in the world, it does have some redeemable factoids. For example, they speak luxembourgish (even the name is weird), which is some strang...