The travels pf Timbobaggins, wildlife enthousiast, photographer and guitarist. UK based.
Latest Blog Posts
- Early Summer snippets from North Yorkshire - Pied Flycatchers & Redstarts at Strid, Chimney Moths & Mandarin at Jefrey Bog plus lots of flowers!
- Chilling out on Hatfield Moor, a possible new breeder, dashing Hobbies and singing Tree Pipits.
- A good wood found, wild flowers in profusion at last, Snipe a drumming, a wet Moors day and a successful Heron watch event
- My second Spring, out and about in the Wolds, North Cave Wetlands, atmospheric Barnies and Common Cranes in Yorkshire!
- Return leg - Plains of La Serena, Monfrague, Villafafila. Imperial Eagle mobbing Great Bustards, Montagues Harrier & Sandgrouse.
- Into Portugal, Tavira and back into Spain for the 'Bonanza' experience... displaying Booted Eagles, Spoonbills and Kites plus new migrants
- El Rocio and getting out and about in the wolds of Donana
- El Rocio and getting out and about in the wilds of Donana
- 100s of Eagles & Kites crossing the Straits of Gibralter,scorching hot around Barbate, a rare Vulture and Spanish Festoons
- 100s of Eagles & Kites crossing the Straits of Gibraltar,scorching hot around Barbate, a rare Vulture and Spanish Festoons
- The big salty lake at Fuente de Piedre - Cranes, Sandpipers & Flamingoes then some Raptor migration in the raw at Tarifa
- Mar Menor blasted by the elements, Mountains high and calm, Guadix eagles and a cracking Chough to boot!
- A brief excursion into the Steppes of Petrola, Great Bustards, Teminck's Stint and lots of wind and rain!
- El Fondo memories and a new haunt at El Pinet, a place to rest up in the company of Eagles, Waders, Shrikes, Gulls & friendly birders
- Back to the mountains and blown away all the way back! Morella, Ares del Maestre, Cabanes & Alberfura.
- Ebro days..dashing falcons, massing waders, ditches and shooters!
- Negociating the fog and the wind, Swallows in the freezing cold, Marsh Harriers by the dozen then Griffons in the sunny high tops
- Lazy days in San Pere Pescadore, Kingfishers, Shearwaters then a 3 point turn enforces the help of Catalan mechanics
- Regreso a España... Emporda and its many marvels ..Bluethroat, Penduline Tits and the biggest bird hide ever!
- Winter begins around the Yorkshire Wolds... tricky thrushes, cunning hawks and peckers out of the window!