Russia-InfoCentre is an e-zine focusing entirely on Russia. A regularly updated news feed is accompanied by original researched article on nearly all aspects of Russian culture, society, business, science, and travel.
Latest Blog Posts
- Zhanna Nemtsova Will Join Deutsche Welle's Russian Teamon Jul 26, 2015Zhanna Nemtsova will start to work as a reporter in the Russian editorial board of Deutsche Welle in Bonn since August.
- Russia, US Launch Restricted Visa-Free Travelon Jul 24, 2015Russia and the US launched visa-free travel for indigenous nations of Alaska and Chukotka.
- Russia Loses RUR 40 BLN Due to Corruptionon Jul 24, 2015Russia is losing around 40 billion roubles a year due to corruption, says the spokesperson of the Investigative Committee.
- Smertin to Replace Hulk in 2018 World Cup Preliminary Drawon Jul 24, 2015Alexey Smertin will replace Brazilian forward Hulk as a VIP guest in the FIFA 2018 World Cup Preliminary Draw that will be taking place in Konstantin Palace in Saint Petersburg on Saturday.
- Hulk to Miss Preliminary Drawon Jul 24, 2015FC Zenit St Petersburg coach Andre Villas-Boas did not allow Brazilian forward Hulk to take part in the FIFA 2018 World Cup Preliminary Draw that will be taking place in Konstantin Palace in Saint Petersburg on Saturday.
- Russians Prefer Cheaper Cigaretteson Jul 24, 2015Russian consumers are switching to cheaper cigarettes under the influence of unfavorable economic situation and the growth of prices because of the increase in excise taxes.
- Tanks For Fruitson Jul 24, 2015“Uralvagonzavod” (UVZ) is ready to supply tanks and carriages in exchange for fruits and vegetables from Thailand.
- Lada XRAY Assembly Startedon Jul 24, 2015“AvtoVAZ” announced the supplies of the first pilot LADA XRAY body to the conveyor.
- Trade Tariffs On IT-products Will Not Be Reducedon Jul 24, 2015Russia will not join the new agreement of the World Trade Organization (WTO) on the reduction of trade tariffs on IT-products.
- FTS Abolishedon Jul 24, 2015The Russian President Vladimir Putin signed a decree on the abolition of the Federal Tariff Service (FTS) and transfer of its functions to the Federal Antimonopoly Service (FAS).
- 10 Billion Roubles For Crimeaon Jul 24, 2015The Crimea is likely to receive another 10 billion roubles from the federal budget in 2015.
- Capello’s Compensation To Be Paid Out in Installments - Sovetsky Sporton Jul 23, 2015Fabio Capello’s compensation will reportedly be paid out in several installments...
- Russia Can Host Best World Cup Ever - Samuel Eto’oon Jul 23, 2015Samuel Eto’o is certain Russia has everything it needs to host the best World Cup ever.
- Mozgov Looking to Media to Promote Basketballon Jul 23, 2015Timofey Mozgov may become a co-owner of PROSport, a Russian sports magazine, in a bid to promote basketball.
- Russia Denies Reports of Loan to Finance Drachma Printingon Jul 23, 2015Russia has not considered providing financial assistance to Greece because PM Alexis Tsipras never asked for it.
- Russia More Competitive Than Chinaon Jul 23, 2015Russia is now more competitive than China in terms of productions costs, says a report by BCG that looked into 25 leading exporting economies.
- Datsun Eyeing Foreign Marketson Jul 23, 2015Datsun is looking to expand its presence in CIS countries amid falling sales and slower consumer growth.
- Russian Banks See Lower Demand for Household Loanson Jul 23, 2015Despite the across-the-market slide in retail lending, ten out of the Top 50 institutions have grown their portfolio...
- Alexander Nevsky Film to Take Part in the Venice Festivalon Jul 23, 2015This year public of the Venice Film Festival will see restored Alexander Nevsky, one of the most remarkable works of the classical Soviet cinema .
- Russian Museum Presents its Replenished Collectionon Jul 23, 2015The Russian Museum in Saint Petersburg has opened an exhibition of art works that have replenished its collection in the last 18 years.